Echelon 18 SEER R-410A Split System Air Conditioner (AC8B)
The Echelon™ Series AC8B models are the outdoor part of a versatile air conditioning system. They are designed to be custom matched with one of our complete line of evaporator sections, each designed to serve a specific function. Matching air handlers are available for upflow, downflow, and horizontal left or right applications to provide a complete system. Alternately, add-on coils are available for use with modular air handlers or upflow, downflow, and horizontal furnaces. Electric heaters and field installed accessories are also available as needed.
*The AC8B024 and AC8B036 models are recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR® 2012 when used with the Echelon™ Residential Communicating Control.
- Superior Coil Protection - A stamped, decorative metal coil guard protects the tube-in-fin coil from debris and other damaging material.
- Protected Compressor - The compressor is safeguarded against abnormal pressures and temperatures by an internal pressure relief valve, an internal temperature sensor, and factory high and low pressure system controls. A factory installed liquid line filter-drier further protects the compressor against moisture and debris.
- Environmentally Friendly Refrigerant - The next generation refrigerant R-410A delivers environmentally friendly performance with zero ozone depletion.
- Durable Finish - An automotive quality finish provides the ultimate protection from harmful UV rays and rust creep, ensuring a long-lasting, high quality appearance. A powder-paint topcoat is applied over a baked-on primer using a galvanized, zinc coated steel base material. The result is a finish that has been proven in testing to provide 33% greater durability than conventional powder-coat finishes.
- WhisperDrive™ System - Features combination of swept-wing fan, composite base pan, isolated compressor compartment, and two-stage compressor to reduce overall sound to a mere whisper.
- Low RPM ECM Fan Motor - Helps to reduce airflow noise.
- Swept Wing Fan - A fan design boasting technology adapted from aeronautic and defense engineering provides for whisper-quiet operation by allowing air to flow smoothly and efficiently across the fan tips.
- Composite Base Pan - The strong and durable composite base pan provides added strength while resisting rust and corrosion, as well as reducing sound and vibration.
- Isolated Compressor Compartment - A molded composite bulkhead isolates the refrigeration components and the compressor from the rest of the unit, reducing sound and vibration.
- Lower Installed Cost - Designed to provide enhanced installability by featuring a slide-down control compartment that allows easy access to control components, along with angled service valves to reduce overall installation time and cost. Factory charged for a 15 foot lineset.
- Factory Installed Filter-Drier - A factory installed, solid core liquid line filter-drier removes harmful debris and moisture from the system.
- Easy Service Access - A full end, full service access panel with handle makes for easy entry to internal components.
- Communications Capable - Requiring only a simple 4-wire installation, the communicating capability enables the use of the Touch Screen Communicating Control, allowing real time visibility of system operation and the use of diagnostic features, while still maintaining the ability to function with a traditional thermostat.
- Premium System Warranty* - Limited lifetime compressor warranty when registered online within 90 days of installation.
- Agency Listed - Safety certified by CSA to UL 1995 / CSA 22.2. Performance certified to ANSI/AHRI Standard 210/240 in accordance with the Unitary Small Equipment certification program.
*Must be registered online within 90 days of installation to qualify for the 10-Years parts / Lifetime compressor limited warranty. Otherwise, the warranty reverts to the standard 5-Years parts / 10-Years compressor limited warranty as published in the product warranty certificate. This warranty does not apply to R-22 models, 3-Phase models, or internet sales. See the Limited Warranty certificate in the User's Information Manual for details.
Verify the actual ratings for each specific matchup in the online AHRI directory at www.ahridirectory.org at the time of sale. It is also recommended to print the rating certificate, if needed, at the time of sale.