AHV Single Piece Air Handler with VS ECM
The AHV Air Handler line offers the ultimate in comfort, sound and application flexibility. This unit may be used for upflow, downflow, horizontal right, or horizontal left applications. No special kits are required to install this premium product.
All residential air handlers and coils may use a TXV to provide our customers with the optimum performance and refrigerant control. Air handlers are shipped with “Flex-coils” without a factory installed metering device. For added flexibility, an R-22 or R-410A TXV or orifice can be field installed to meet your refrigerant choice.
- Thermostatic Expansion Valve - Provides the ultimate refrigerant control required for today’s high efficient product. The bolt-on TXV provides easy installation to convert the air handler to the required refrigerant, which is a true bolt-on design that does not require brazing to replace or install.
- Insulated Cabinet - All air handler cabinets are thermally insulated with 3/4” foil faced insulation to prevent sweating.
- Factory Sealed - Achieves 2% or less total airflow leakage rate at duct leakage test conditions for system airflow verification.
- Durable Finish Inside and Out - Air handler casings are made of pre-painted galvanized steel which provides a better paint to steel bond that resists corrosion and rust creep. All internal coil sheet metal parts are made of G60 Galvanized or prepainted G30 galvanized steel.
- Filters - All models have internal filter racks provided for use with 1” thick standard size filters.
- Electric Heat Kits - 6HK series of field installed electric heat kits are available for installation friendly and easy service applications. These 6HK kits are available in 2kW to 25kW heat capacities.
- ECM Variable Speed Motor - Designed for efficient, quiet operation with added indoor comfort control. With the use of a humidistat, the system will monitor the humidity in the home and automatically keep the desired humidity level in both winter and summer seasons. The ECM motor utilizes only 24% of the energy used by standard blower motors to reduce your overall heating and cooling costs. The climate comfort system allows dealer to customize comfort settings based on regional location.
- Communications - These models may be connected as part of a communications system using a 4-wire connection bus.
*Must be installed on or after May 1st, 2009, and registered online within 90 days of installation. Otherwise, the warranty reverts to the standard warranty as published in the product warranty certificate.